Monday, May 31, 2010

Letter from Elder Shaun Flakemore - 26 March 2010

"Hobart Stake YSA,

How is everyone?? Are you all managing to survive without me there? For those that are struggling, it's ok, just write me a letter and you'll feel fine.  I promise, that as you do this, your blessings will be great! I testify of this truth, so, Hobart YSA, will you continue to write letters to all missionaries that are out in the field? - Sorry, just thought I'd throw in the commitment pattern.

So far my mission has been great! I've been in contact with Sis. Kathryn Yost, and Elder Michael Watson and they seem to be doing really well also.  I'm still in Feilding, Hatchard's last area, and I've seen 6 baptisms here in my first 7 weeks, 2 of them I was privileged to perform myself.  It is truly amazing to see people's lives change and to see the joy that the gospel brings into their lives.  I'm starting to get used to door knocking, we did 7 hours of finding a few days ago.  The very first door we knocked on, we got a return appointment, and then the very last door! The longer I'm out here, the more I wish I had of done it earlier in life, but I tend to procrastinate everything in life.  At least I'm out here now!  I miss everyone of you guys and the good times we all have.  Right now I'm thinking of the ANZAC day camp last year, and I can't believe that was nearly a year ago!  At least this year I'm in NZ and it's on a Sunday so I won't get the chance to ride my motorbike and hurt my foot again.  I've only crashed my push bike once so far, hit the brakes too hard and went over the handle-bars, it hurt, but it was funny as!

Well, all is sweet aye bro, it's all choice as here cuz!  I'm slowly learning Kiwi, but people love my thick Aussie accent, so I'm trying my best not to lose it.

Everyone keep safe now!  Remember, the church is TRUE!  I thought I knew it before I came out here, but now I do know it! Pray ALWAYS! As much as we like to think we can do it on our own, we can't! Rely on our Lord and Saviour. Elder Flakemore."

No comments:

Post a Comment